Department of Veterans Affairs Coding Services
Maxim Health Information Services has a division dedicated to Veterans Affairs, which has worked with numerous Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Centers and Hospitals across the country. While the majority of our VA services are provided in a remote setting, we also provide on-site services as required. Maxim's primary focus is to customize our workflow processes and strive to meet and exceed the needs of our VA clients.
Maxim has provided a variety of services to our VA clients including:
- PTF facility coding – Inpatient, Observation, and Nursing Home/Domiciliary
- Inpatient professional services entered in either the 801 screen in PTF or in CCM/PCE
- Outpatient services including clinic visits, ancillary diagnostic services and other therapeutic services, such as dialysis, rehab, chemotherapy, etc.
- Outpatient surgeries including any associated pathology and/or anesthesia services using the Surgery Package interface in Quadramed CCM
- Monthly VHA CBI Coding Audits
- Vesting Audits
- Fee Basis Audits
- Focused or Probe Audits
Our remote VA medical coding program provides our VA clients with qualified medical coders and auditors partnered with a team of qualified professionals that work behind the scenes to complete work in a timely and compliant manner. Our fees for remote medical coding services include the following:
- Screening process provides qualified medical coders
- Quality Assurance Program ensuring a minimum of 95% accuracy is maintained
- Education Plan ensuring our medical coders maintain their credentials and training modules to expand and enhance their coding knowledge
- Management team including a Remote Operations Manager, Director of Coding Services, Information Security Manager, Site Managers, and Medical Auditors and Coders
- Weekly or bi-weekly audit reports to the VA Medical Center
Maxim Health Information Services is a provider of coding-related services to the Department of Veterans Affairs. Our work processes have proven time and again that we can deliver on our promises to provide timely, accurate, and compliant work.
Contact us today to learn more about Maxim’s medical coding program.