Remote Coding Services
Remote coding is a
convenient and cost-effective solution to meet your coding demands. Our remote
medical coding program provides your health system with experienced coding
staff suited to your facilities needs and requirements..
The Maxim Difference
Our remote coding services will include the following deliverables:
- Efficient and cost-effective remote coding services, eliminating costly travel expenses.
- Hardware for scanning: Fujitsu scanner and IBM ThinkPad laptop.
- Qualified scan technicians to scan Emergency Department and Outpatient Surgery Encounters, as well as Inpatient Discharges.
- Quality assurance plan ensuring a 95% DRG accuracy for inpatient discharges coded by Maxim coders.
- Inpatient discharges coded within 48 hours after record is scanned.
- Initial training and support for medical facility coder(s) on use of digital imaging software.
- Certified and qualified remote coding professionals.
- Expert and professional management team.
Our qualified medical coding staff will apply ICD-9-CM coding conventions, official ICD-9-CM coding guidelines, CMS regulations and policies and DRG optimization techniques, as well as reference the AHA's Coding Clinic.
Our certified and qualified medical coding staff has a minimum of 3 years experience in inpatient facility (DRG) coding. Our coders carry one or a combination of the following credentials: RHIA, RHIT and/or CCS. We search our database to find the medical coder that matches the needs of your medical center.
Medical Facility Health System Deliverables
- Remote to access hospital to EMR, encoder and abstract system.
- Ensure that medical records are made available to code.
- Provide MHIS copies of any facility coding reviews performed by MHIS coding staff.
- Designate a point of contact to serve a liaison with MHIS staff.
We invite you to discover what makes Maxim one of the leading medical outsourcing companies for medical coding. Contact us today to learn more about our cost-effective remote coding services.